Well... my mommy and daddy have been married two years now! Wow--it has gone by so fast! I can't believe just two years ago Mommy and Daddy left me with Grandmom and Granddad while they moved us to Kansas...
Over the last year Mommy, Daddy and I have sure settled into our new home. It's so big and the backyard is perfect for playing ball! Mommy and Daddy like to throw my ball off the deck so I can go find it--it's my favorite game ever! We also take a lot of walks and have found a lot of really fun swimming holes for me to fall into. I just love it here!
Mommy, Daddy, Grandmom and Granddad have really made my house beautiful this year. We've scrapped some ceilings, painted Aunt Abbey's bedroom and redone Aunt Molly & Uncle Cy's bathroom (plus a lot of other projects). It's been quite busy!
And guess what?! My cousin Macy moved into our house in May and it's the best! I just love my morning snuggles with Uncle Cyrus and Aunt Molly--I cuddle with them after Mommy and Daddy go to work! But my favorite thing ever is playing with Macy. We go on walks, swim in the creek, chase balls, play tug-o-war and kong. Mommy and Daddy keep telling me that sometime Aunt Molly, Uncle Cyrus & Macy will move out west but I really don't believe it--it's just so wonderful having them here. I'm so spoiled to have my best friend live with me!
Mommy and Daddy still work a lot and talk an awful lot about a guy named "Dave". I miss them when they work late but secretly love my time at Grandmom & Granddad's house. Grandmom and Granddad take me on walks and cuddle with me to make sure I get enough love when Mommy and Daddy are at work. And as far as "Dave" is concerned... I've never met him and at times Mommy says he makes her life miserable but I think I kinda like him--Mommy and Daddy don't go out to eat as much as they used to and spend a lot more time with me at home. Plus Mommy and Daddy aren't going on any trips this year because "Dave" said they should stay home.
Last, but certainly not least, Mommy and Daddy have been making sure that I have the healthiest diet known to dog. I eat an all-organic dog food that Mommy insists is the best on the market. She said that since she and Daddy now eat all-organic meals that I should too (and who am I to complain?) . So the last six months have been so much fun as I try out all the new meals that Mommy is making for Daddy. We're eating all organic, drastically limiting our intake of processed foods and sugars and eating a lot less meat and a lot more veggies--it's amazing! Mommy and Daddy have had so much fun learning new recipes and trying new things all the while learning the benefits of eating local and organic food. I just love sampling anything they "accidently" drop on the floor for me to try--it's the best!
Well, I guess between the home projects, the wholesome, homemade meals and work, Mommy and Daddy have been pretty busy this year. The first year in our house has gone by so quickly and it's hard to believe that my beloved Jayhawks will be playing football in a little more than a month from now. I hope you all have had a wonderful year as well and I wish my Mommy and Daddy the best anniversary ever. Happy 2 year anniversary, Momma and Dada!
Love,
Zoe

No comments:
Post a Comment