Learn from me... Never Walk Out of Church!
This past Sunday Patrick and I attended a Catholic Church that shall remain UNNAMED! We walked in, heads high, all dressed up and proud of ourselves for going to chuch. (I should preface this by saying I HATE to wake up in the morning but if there's anything I hate more than that it's getting all dolled up on the weekends; afterall, I do that five days a week). We quietly took our seats as the openning hymn began to play, and as we began to take in all that was around us we couldn't help but notice the streams of people who were walking in late--streams continuously coming in for over 20 minutes after the service had begun. Additionally, we couldn't get over the children who were crying, screaming, laughing and running up and down the pews. Forgive me, but I definitely did not think this was appropriate. As my patience was quickly beginning to run out I leaned over to Patrick and mentioned that I had half-a-mind to walk out since I clearly wasn't getting anything out of the service. Needless to say, after we realized that there wasn't even going to be a SERMON (Note: Isn't that the most important part of the service??) we decided to leave.
After we left I wondered out loud if God would punish us for walking out of church...
Well, let me tell you, NEVER WALK OUT OF CHURCH!
I've had one of the worst weeks ever and I am beginning to think it's because I walked out of church.
I'm hoping that tomorrow is better than the past three days. This coming weekend we're going to try another church. Hopefully this one will be better because if not we're going to suffer through it anyway... because I will NEVER walk out of church again. Lesson learned, God, thank you! And I'm sorry!

No comments:
Post a Comment