August 24, 2010

Ahh Fall!

Welcome FALL!!

With overnight lows in the 50s and daytime highs in the low 80s I'm in heaven! Aside from Christmas, fall is my favorite season of the year. (And yes, ChRiStMaS is a full SEASON at our house). It might be because it's my birthday... or because of thanksgiving and all the family time... or football games at Arrowhead or Memorial Stadium... or because the weather finally gets cooler so I can bust out all my sweatshirts... or maybe it's because the leaves turn beautiful shades of purple, yellow, orange and red... or maybe it's because I can start lighting my fireplace again! I'm not really sure why I love it so much but I do!

Anyway, a few weeks ago I got out my fall decorations and realized I don't even have enough for my living room SO.....I am currently having to resist the urge to buy this


found rake from Pottery Barn which would look beautiful on my porch (actually, I'd take about anything in this picture) and this

fireplace screen--also from PB--to replace the ugly black and gold thing I currently have.

But I'm trying to hold out until next week when the New and IMPROVED Winfield House is opening in Lawrence. I'm bound to get in trouble for sure! Good thing I haven't spent much $$ lately... that way my hubby can't complain at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment