June 14, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday



Top Ten Recipes I'm Wanting to Try

1.  Wild Blueberry Soup.  I saw this magnificant recipe in the latest Fine Cooking Magazine and I'm dying to try it.  I mean, seriously, how can you resist this?!!  Blueberries are so good for you and have been proven to help reduce stress levels.  Also, this recipe doesn't have any sugar in it--which makes it even better, in my opinion!   
2.  Baked French Toast.  I'm kinda confused by my new fascination with french toast--honestly, I've never liked it before.  But I've seen a few recipes for it baked (like a casserole) lately and I'm intrigued.  Not to mention the addition of cinnamon and spice... I simply cannot get it off my mind.  It's not exactly a "legal" recipe in the Rooney household--I am desparately trying to adapt it to my no-refined-sugar-way-of-life--but I may have to try it anyway to see if it makes for a good "cheaters" meal! 


I'm not a Paula Deen fan at all--normally her show makes my stomach turn--but her recipe for Baked French Toast Casserole looks pretty amazing (even to me).  I'm thinking the only thing that might make it better would be to top it with a Bananas Foster topping.  Seriously, heaven!

3.  Blueberry Buckle.  I simply cannot get berries off my mind, can you tell?  I'm totally in love with this recipe from Vegetarian Times.  Oh, and the ice cream?!  Delicious! 


4.  Dark Chocolate and Cardamon Ice Cream.  Okay, so I'm on a dessert kick too!  Again, I need to figure out how to get the sugar out of this recipe and then we're all set.  I found this little gem on the Epicurious website and immediately saved it to my "favorites" box for a rainy day. 


5. Veal Osso Buco.  I don't have any pictures of this nor do I have any recipes (yet).  This is one of my favorite italian dishes that I'm dying to make--I just never have the time nor the veal shanks.  Alas, I guess I'll just have to continue going out in order to eat it! 

6.  Peach and Blueberry Parfaits.  Here I go with those blueberries again...  But this time, I mostly want to make this just so I can use a super cute mason jar.  I have a love affair with mason jars and I just know this would impress all those I serve it to!  I do think I'd have to truly butcher the recipe but it might be worth it, what do you think?!  I'm thinking skip the syrup-like sauce and use yogurt instead. 


7.  Carolina Peach Sangria.  Sangria's are my go-to summer drink.  I love them.  A lot.  This one looks especially refreshing. 

8.  Bucatini All'Amatriciana.  I saw this recipe in last month's Bon Appetit as I was searching for recipes for my sister's bridal shower.  Patrick and I are huge pasta fans and this recipe looks and sounds delicious! 


9.  Crab cakes.  Another thing I'd love to make but don't have a recipe for.  Pierpont's in Union Station and J Gilbert's have the best, in my opinion.  I tried making them once and the recipe was a flop but I'm really hoping to find a new one to try this summer.

10.  Summer Squash Pizza.  A couple of months ago a friend of mine posted a picture of a pizza she made on Facebook with a pesto sauce and squash on it--it looked absolutely amazing.  Needless to say, I've been searching for a recipe ever since.  I think this recipe is pretty close to hers--it sure looks delicious--but I'm pretty sure a pesto sauce will make it even better!   Maybe we'll have to try it out this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment