Bare with me a minute before you turn up your nose... Brussels sprouts are good for you like in a superfood, cancer-fighting kind of way. Prior to about 8 months ago if you would have asked me or my hubby about Brussels Sprouts we would have said words like gross, eww, disgusting, not gonna try it!
But then I saw a recipe on the Food Network that actually looked pretty good. So I tried it. And it was good. Like good in a way that we wanted them again--the next day.
Since then I've made them every which way but this is about our favorite. So give it a try. I think it will make a believer out of you.
1 lb Brussels Sprouts
2 slices bacon
Kosher salt and pepper,to taste
2-3 T EVOO
Preheat the oven to 450.
Rinse about a pound of Brussels sprouts. Cut off ends and then cut in half. Add to cookie sheet. Next, chop the bacon into small ices and add to cookie sheet. Then drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
Bake in oven 15 minutes or so until leaves start browning and getting crispy. We like ours pretty crispy so I tend to cook mine longer.
Eat and enjoy!
P.S. You can omit the bacon if you really want to.

No comments:
Post a Comment