January 3, 2012

Sunday Morning Necessities: Grapefruit Margaritas

Since New Year's resolutions are top on everyone's minds right now, I decided I'd let you all in on one of my own: Sunday mornings in the Rooney household will now begin with a pitcher of Grapefruit Margaritas and a plateful of homemade pancakes.

You see, grapefruit juice is really good for you. I'm not sure why but that's what my mom said and I believe her. And since Patrick and I run on fumes all week and our immune systems are weak (due to our lack of exposure to the "real world"), the alcohol helps kill all the bacteria and viruses that we come into contact with at work or on our late-night trips to the grocery store. Then I threw in the pancakes for good measure. But here's the real kicker: starting Sundays out with a pitcher of margaritas guarantees the fact that I will not go to work!!

Okay, but seriously, these margaritas are good. And they're not all sweet and sugar-y like most. Normally I dislike grapefruit juice but these are an exception to the rule. I hope you try them--I promise it will be worth it!


Grapefruit Margaritas
2 c. ice cubes
1 c. grapefruit juice (I used Simply Grapefruit)
1/2 c. lime juice
1 c. Triple Sec or other orange-flavored liquor

Combine the above ingredients in a food processor until well blended.

Then add 1 cup of gold tequila and stir. (If you want them sweeter, add 1-2 packets Stevia and stir).

Drink (the pitcher) and enjoy!

(Recipe slightly adapted from Ina Garten)

No comments:

Post a Comment