June 22, 2010

Face Lift: Almost Complete!

Our house is almost done!! They need to paint the trim and hang the shutters but it's definitely getting closer. It looks so pretty! The color we chose is called Attitude Gray by Sherwin Williams. In some lights it looks dark GREEN. In some lights it looks dark BLUE. And in others it looks like dark GREY. It's amazing! The total transformation should be done tomorrow so we'll post pictures then. Here's a sneak peak:
A good before and after comparison picture... the hideous yellow and lovely grey!

Back of the house... the left side is painted. The other will be painted tomorrow.
North side of the house
Upclose of the front of the house (minus the garage). Still needs a little trim work and obviously the windows need scraped and the shutters need to be put back on. But we're getting closer....

View from the street... you can see most of the front here.

Street View.... Home Sweet Home!!

P.S. Just in case you were wondering, I absolutely love the charm of a traditional colonial style home. They embody what I've always imagined as "home". I can't wait until the whole exterior face-lift is done.... then it will really feel like home!
P.P.S. Our A/C wasn't working when we got home tonight so the tremendous progress I was planning to make on my weekend-project-that-is-taking-way-longer-than-a-weekend was interrupted. Hopefully we'll get back to that soon and have more exciting pictures to post. We're finally making it feel like our home!

No comments:

Post a Comment