June 8, 2010

Why is it that people get married?

Why is it that people get married?
Because we need a witness to our lives.
There's a billion people on the planet.
What does any one life really mean?
But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything...
The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things,
All of it... all the time, every day.
You're saying "Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it.
Your life will not go unwitnessed--because I will be your witness"
From the movie, "Shall We Dance?"

11 months ago today Patrick and I were married in front of God, Patrick's sister, Meredith, and some friends we met in Mexico. The day started out much like today--overcast and gloomy followed by a torential downpour. But as the day wore on the clouds drifted away and sun filled the sky--it was the PERFECT day! It's days like today that remind me of how lucky I am to be married to such a wonderful man, and I'm reminded of the promises we made to each other on that beautiful beach. I love you honey! Thank you for being the witness to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment