June 7, 2010

More from Monday

I know I said I had to get back to work but I just figured out how to add this video! I wanted to include it in my previous blog entry but couldn't figure out how to make it work. But now I did, so here it is!

... Today, over lunch, I went home to meet a plumber who replaced a valve in our toilet and in the process informed me that our house has too much water pressure going into it--thereby causing the valve to break. We should probably put in a water pressure regulator thing but that costs $$$. We're also waiting for the repair tech to call us and let us know when they'll be out to fix our A/C--it was a balmy 76 degrees inside when I was there during lunch. And the process of repainting our house is supposed to begin today. So as I was looking at how much all of this was going to co$t I couldn't help but think about this little video and laugh as I got a little sick to my stomach!

(Background: When Patrick and I were dating Patrick used to show me this video and laugh hysterically. Little did he know that he'd someday move in to a very similar house!!!)

P.S. My mom used to say she didn't think this was funny--at all! I never understood why since I, too, thought it was hysterical. Mom... I think I'm starting to understand you a little bit better every single day! This now makes me a little bit sick to my stomach--especially since I was truly worried about our bathtub falling through the floor the first time I filled it!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you on the home improvement front! Everytime it rains, we get leaks and I have to bring someone in to repair plaster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's terrible! And ya'll have had a TON of rain lately--no good!

    ReplyDelete